Martabak Telor & Terang Bulan "BCA Lama"

Martabak telor on the hot pan
 Back again in IndoliciousFoody! Now I want to talk about martabak manis and martabak telor BCA. It's located at Brigjen Katamso street (in front of BCA office).


It's nice to be there, a little bit of nostalgia for me. I often bought martabak there when I was in elementary school. The place was quite popular backthen. But the name (brand) has become decreasing right now.

Martabak is like a pankace and can be found in many places in Asia. There're two kinds of martabak I've ever eaten: martabak manis (sweet martabak) or terang bulan and martabak telor.

The warung has some old menus: martabak super, martabak special, and martabak; it's different in the size. Terang bulan or martabak manis: cheese + chocolate + raisins, cheese + chocolate, cheese + raisins, cheese + peanuts, cheese + milk, and choclate + raisins, and chocolate + peanuts.

Menu
 Martabak telor has cow meat, leeks, egg, etc. The mix of the inggredients placed on top of a batter on a hot pan with cooking oil. And then the batter folded to has rectangle form and watered with hot cooking oil. And it has extra acar (sliced cucumber with vinegar), green chili, and sliced carrot.

Martabak telor being cooked
Martabak telor
Martabak manis using circle pan too cook. The inggredients like chees, chocolate, peanuts, or raisins sprinkled after the martabak has been cooked from the pan.

Martabak manis being cooked
Martabak manis
I ate the two martabaks with my mother and my wife. I quickly felt full by just eat some of them. The martabak telor feels crunchy from the leeks, smooth from the egg and chewy from the meat. It tastes better wih green chili. My mother told me that the tastes of the martabak telor was better in the old days, btw. Well...

The martabak manis felt chewy and oily on the skin. Nice, but I don't really like it. It's so much better with extra chocolate and peanuts. Maybe I'll order extra toppings latter.

It opens about 04:00 am untill 10:00 pm. The total cost was IDR 45k. Our martabak telor cost IDR 25k and martabak manis cost IDR 20k.

Don't forget to read my next post, guys! Thanks for read this post. See you later!

Comments

Popular Posts