Waroung Anglo

Mie goreng ori seafood and seafood hotplate
Back again with me, Rizky. Last Sunday I went to Waroung Anglo in the evening with my wife when the weather was raining. It's located at Nologaten street, near Ambarukmo plaza. This was my first visit hereI almost lost the place because the warung sign doesn't have any light (as I remember), but my wife saw it then quickly told me.

When we came here the warung wasn't crowded, maybe because it was late and raining. But it felt more comfortable for me. Unfortunetly the room didn't have any smoking area sign, so the smoker and non smoker can be mixed up 'without' any option.

Waroung Anglo sign from behind
The warung opens from 03:00 PM-10:00 PM when Ramadhan

The kitchen
The warung is quite small but has tons of menu. They said (in instagram) that they has 609 menu, wow! This warung is quite hyped up in Jogja right now. When it's Ramadhan you have to reserve a place if you want to iftar here because it has a lot of customers. It cost IDR 50K for the booking fee.

Menu

Seafood Hotplate
IDR 37K

Seafood hotplate
You'll see how wonderful the food is when it freshly served in front of you, it has a lot of smoke! The seafood hotplate has a big portion and unique display, but it isn't very special for me. The seafood has too much batter or something else, I can't taste the fish very well. It has some vegetables in it like baby broccoli, corn, carrot, and leeks, but some of them feel quite tough. It has strong smell of smoke. But the good news is this food can be eaten for two persons.

Mie Goreng Ori Seafood
IDR 21K

Mie goreng ori seafood
It's a seafood fried noodle. Ori means, usually, it has less fish/meat than the special one. The portion of this food is big for one person. It has a little bit of squid and shrimp. Unfortunetly the squid tastes so fishy, I don't know why it does. The food has smell of smoke too like the seafood hotplate. I like the texture of the noodle, yummy. In Indonesia the noodle called mie telor. I'm sure you'll feel full for eat just one of this mie goreng seafood. For me this food is more delicious than the seafood hotplate. But the fishy squid has a minus point for me.

I didn't get so much impression from this place. But it's nice to learn something new. They have good marketing campaign and a good brand. They have a lot of great photos in their instagram. It's nice for me to review this place.
Rice, seafood hotplate, and mie goreng ori seafood
Me
The total cost of our foods and drinks was IDR 68K. That's included a hot orange juice (jeruk panas), a plain hot tea, and a plate of rice.

Thank you for enjoying my post, guys. You can read my another post in the past or two previous articles, there're Tora-Tora and Pasar Raya Boga. Please follow my instagram account at dahlanrizky. Thank you so much, guys, wait for my next post!

Waroung Anglo

Nologaten street, no. 77
Food prices range: IDR 4K - IDR 602K
CP: 087838228100
IG: waroung_anglo
Opening hours: 12:00 AM - 10:00 PM

Comments

Popular Posts